Come to Work for Michael's Cookies located in Clear Lake, Iowa.
LOCALLY CRAFTED - GLOBALLY SERVED
We are growing and looking for team members who would like to learn the craft of cookie-making while advancing their careers. We've been making cookies for over 30 years but we still have that "small-company" team spirit. We offer a competitive wage, full benefits package, recognition programs, a clean, safe work environment, and a sweet bonus of cookie dough product given monthly to our team members.
Responsible for monitoring, operating and troubleshooting the packaging equipment while working efficiently and following all procedures for producing quality products according to customer specifications, as well as following safety and quality procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Understand written and verbal instructions to complete packaging of products. Refer to “Standard Operating Procedures. Machine Priming, Basic Operating Procedures, Machine Operations, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.
• Retrieve, dump & mix ingredients for each batch as directed per recipe & production schedule.
• Visually inspect cart of staged ingredients to ensure that the correct ingredients, lot codes on each cart match the recipe and production schedule.
• Replace & dispose any defective, damaged, crushed packaging or product.
• Follow recipe directions closely.
• Verify the lot codes of all ingredients& supplies pulled for each recipe/stage &cross reference them on the lot code documentation sheets.
• Retrieve the prepared ingredients on carts from the ingredients prep operators. Remove & replace empty carts and containers to be cleaned between batches.
• Keep work stations and areas clean through your shift. Dispose of trash.
• Safely operate the mixing equipment, conveyors, central nitrogen system.
• Must be able to physically lift, load and move 50lb ingredient bags
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
Must be able to attend work as scheduled
Must be able to perform basic math problem
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction
Pay: $13-$17/hour. Depending on Experience
Benefits: 401K, Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Flex and FREE cookies monthly!
Monday - Friday (5:30am - 2:30pm)--1st shift
Monday - Friday (2:00pm- 10:30pm)--2nd shift
Monday-Friday (10:00pm-6:30am)--3rd shift
Full-time and Part-time Available
Salary: $12.00-$14 /hour. Depending on Experience
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Packer is responsible for processing the highest quality of fresh baked cookies to fulfill customer orders. Additionally, this individual is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and efficient work area. Packagers will be crossed trained to assist in several areas. Progression of training will provide opportunities for advancement and wage increases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Packaging product with speed and accuracy.
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions. Works cooperatively with others.
• Long term standing is required
• Must be able to lift, pull/push, carry up to 50lbs.for short distances.
• Walking, long term standing is required.
• Must be able to work overtime
Minimum of 1 year factory related experience preferred.
• Standing for long hours
• Fast Pace Environment
Benefits: Full-time Benefits: 401K, Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Flex and free cookies monthly.
This position is for Michael’s Cookies.
Address: 2205 6th Ave S. Clear Lake, Ia 50428
Hours: 1st Shift-6:00 AM to 2:30 PM--2nd Shift 2PM-10:30PM--3rd Shift 10PM-6:30AM
This position is responsible for general, full time, sanitation work. Sanitation cleans up after production shifts by breaking down the production equipment, scrub, scrape, wash, & sanitize.
Must have a strong work ethic & reputable work history
Passion for cleanliness
Self driven & Motivated
9pm - 5:30am
Full Benefits Package (Health/Dental/Vision/Life/401K) after 90 days
Paid holidays after 90 days
FREE Cookies Monthly, after 30 days
Overtime Potential when needed
2205 6th Ave. S.
Clear Lake, IA 50428