Come to Work for Michael's Cookies located in Clear Lake, Iowa.
LOCALLY CRAFTED - GLOBALLY SERVED
We are growing and looking for team members who would like to learn the craft of cookie-making while advancing their careers. We've been making cookies for over 30 years but we still have that "small-company" team spirit. We offer a competitive wage, full benefits package, recognition programs, a clean, safe work environment, and a sweet bonus of cookie dough product given monthly to our team members.
Michael's Cookies--Clear Lake, IA
Michael's Cookies is looking for a dedicated individual to join our maintenance team! If you have experience in manufacturing maintenance- we are looking for you to come join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, conveyor systems, production machines and wrapping machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operations; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Must be knowledgeable and able to work on wrapping equipment with timing and programmable logic controls (PLCs).
• Needs to be familiar and able to work with packaging/wrapping, ink jet printing systems.
• Competent and familiar with working with electrical, three phase, higher voltage systems (480 volt systems).
• Possess strong diagnostic, trouble-shooting skills in order to make necessary repairs.
• Possessing refrigeration knowledge beneficial.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Must be able to exercise proper care and operation of company equipment, conveyors and central nitrogen system in a safe manner.
• Must be willing and able to work in a strong team environment in a diverse culture environment.
• High school Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• 2 yrs. experience preferred.
401K, Health, Life, Dental, Vision, Flex and FREE cookies monthly!
$25 Gift Cards for perfect attendance given monthly!
Salary is based on experience.
Monday - Friday (Occasional Weekends)
2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
This position is for Michael’s Cookies.
Address: 2205 6th Ave S. Clear Lake, Ia 50428